Polyurea and epoxy coatings are ideal for your retail store floor because they are custom decorative coatings that last for years and are very easy to polyurea coating maintain. A neoprine squeegee, stiff bristle broom, trouble and a small amount of washing liquid with a degreasing agent is all that is needed to keep your floor looking new for years.
Decorative concrete has become one of the leading flooring alternatives for retail stores nationwide during the past 5-10 years. ” capability customize a floor with a seamless surface that is easy to keep clean. The biggest gripe is how to maintain the surface. Typical water based and acrylic sealers need a high-end maintenance system to protect the sealers. If the sealers wear out the decorative concrete underneath will be compromised.
In the past few years a new protective finish has been developed that solves the problem of premature wear and expensive maintenance. This finish is a polyaspartic polyurea which is in the epoxy family but with an advanced chemical structure. These coatings wear like iron with a few combinations that prevent scratch. The new variety of polyureas come in clear or can be pigmented in a color and design. Unlimited design options make them ideal decorative coatings.
However the real benefit is their high performance and low maintenance.
Polyaspartic and Epoxy Coatings Benefits
- Surface Preparation is the first and most important step in the process. This consists of grinding the surface to a smooth, flat surface. When done correctly all the high spots in your concrete is removed. This is important for the final outcome. You want the coating to be flat and scratch free. After the floor is ground smooth, cracks in the floor will be exposed and need to be filled.
- Color Options are unlimited. Polyaspartic Polyureas are clear clothes. Your concrete can be marked or coloured then coatings can be applied. A second option is to add color pigments into the coating. Decorative chips or quartz can be added followed by a clear top coat. Decorative chips come in various sizes and colors. Small 1/16th inch chips appear to be colored quartz at a fraction of the cost. There are also designer chips that is included in glitter.
Custom graphics can be designed and inlaid between clothes. These are a high definition, specialized cloth material that is protected by the clear top coat.
- Bacteria Resistant — One of the unique benefits to polyaspartic and epoxy coatings is the tight linking of their chemical structure. The result is minimal micro-scratches and what scratches may appear have a straight edge as opposed to a frayed edge. Straight edges in a scratch enable dirt and bacteria to be easily cleaned from a floor. Coatings that get frayed edges trap dirt and moisture which breeds bacteria and makes floor look dirty and yellow.
- Waterproof After the floor is properly prepared the coatings are applied. Polyureas and epoxy coatings actually absorb into the surface. This is called “wetting”. When the coating cures, all the undesireable veins and tiny air holes in concrete are capped off and the coating becomes section of the floor. This process stops moisture smoke from delamenating the surface.
- Simplicity of maintenance. It’s recommended to use trouble, a neoprine squeegee and stiff bristle broom to clean the floor. If there is not a floor empty, a wet vac can be used. The software eliminated your need for a mop that does activities like move dirt around. Floors are cleaned fast and dry immediately. This is not only a money saving system, but restores clarity to the floor. With regular cleaning the floor will be brand new for years.